My name is José Ramos and I’m a passionate landscape photographer from Portugal, currently living in Lisbon. During my career, I’ve had the pleasure of being published in several international magazines (including
National Geographic, The Telegraph, Photography Week, and others), running workshops and photo tours in Portugal, winning international photo awards, selling prints to all over the world, doing photo exhibitions and many other. I’m also an Official Ambassador for FLM Tripods, Nisi Filters, and Terrascape Filter Bags.
I started shooting in 2005 and this passion grew so strong that this was the art I have chosen to express myself and pay homage to the beauty and power of the world which surrounds us.
I also lead photo-tours in Portugal, which in my opinion has the best seascapes in the world. In my photos, the act of raising awareness about Nature and the need to protect the environment is simultaneously linked, through embedded concepts and stories for each image, with existential reflections about the self, our place in the world, and the need to protect the environment.
My website’s manifesto is the following: 'When the aesthetic power of Nature meets a man’s vision of the world, creation takes place and images become the crystallized hybrid product of this encounter. Through embedded concepts and stories for each image, I like to express the fragility and power of Humankind in an ever-changing and mesmerizing world.
Travelling and endlessly searching for the light, the silence and the lessons of the landscape, here I present you my vision of the world as seen through my eyes and soul, hoping I can at least take you there just for a moment, to the moment which lies so intense in my memory.
- José Ramos
● TIPA (Technical Image Press Association) Trophy Award Third Prize (2000 eur). Part of one of the world’s largest photo contests Trierenberg Super Circuit 2015
● 16 images selected for exhibition at the four Salons of the Trierenberg Super Circuit Contest
● Contrast 2015 Photo Club Infinity Contest Honorable Mention by the Photographic Society of America Nature category
● Honorable Mention at the International 2018 Drone Awards, among others.
● “Slow Landscapes Competition”
Photography Week Magazine - First place
● “Landscapes 101 Contest” Digital Photography School First prize among 26,000 submissions
● Huawei Smartphones -invitation to create landscape images with the newly launched Nova Series Smartphones in 2019. Images were used in their Main World Launch Event.
● Featured on the “200 Best Photos of Portugal on Instagram” book, published by Primebooks , with a selection of 12 photos, including cover image
● Featured on the “50 Best Spots of Portugal” book, published by Primebooks , with a selection of 5 photos
● Soon to be published selected Portfolio Book in Portugal
● National Geographic – June 2019 – Two double page photo feature
● National Geographic – May 2019 – Double page photo feature
● National Geographic – August 2018 – Singe page photo feature
● Zoom – Fotografia Prática – Portuguese printed Photography Magazine – Cover photo and interview with portfolio in June 2017 edition
● The Telegraph - Photo of the Day - 4th January 2016 (Northern Lights photo in Jokulsarlon, Iceland)